20 Awesome Rangoli Designs for Competition
Whether you’re looking for inspiration of rangoli design competitions or simply want to be amazed to these wonderful rangoli creations, this collection of rangoli designs are perfect for you. Here we collected some of the best and most wonderful rangoli designs for competitions, for special occasions like Diwali. Enjoy!
Rangoli Designs for Competition #1
Rangoli Designs for Competition #2
Rangoli Designs for Competition #3
Rangoli Designs for Competition #4
Rangoli Designs for Competition #5
Rangoli Designs for Competition #6
Rangoli Designs for Competition #7
Rangoli Designs for Competition #8
Rangoli Designs for Competition #9
Rangoli Designs for Competition #10
Rangoli Designs for Competition #11
Rangoli Designs for Competition #12
Rangoli Designs for Competition #13
Rangoli Designs for Competition #14
Rangoli Designs for Competition #15
Rangoli Designs for Competition #16
Rangoli Designs for Competition #17
Rangoli Designs for Competition #18
Rangoli Designs for Competition #19
Rangoli Designs for Competition #20
18 Very Simple Rangoli Designs For Beginners to Start With
If you are just starting to make your very first rangoli design, you may want to work on designs with simple and less intricate patterns. Most of simple rangoli designs comprise less complicated shapes and colors. So for beginners and for kids who want to try their very first rangoli, here are some simple and easy rangoli designs for you to try!
Simple Rangoli Designs #1
Simple Rangoli Designs #2
Simple Rangoli Designs #3
Simple Rangoli Designs #4
Simple Rangoli Designs #5
Simple Rangoli Designs #6
Simple Rangoli Designs #7
Simple Rangoli Designs #8
Simple Rangoli Designs #9
Simple Rangoli Designs #10
Simple Rangoli Designs #11
Simple Rangoli Designs #12
Simple Rangoli Designs #13
Simple Rangoli Designs #14
Simple Rangoli Designs #15
Simple Rangoli Designs #16
Simple Rangoli Designs #17
Simple Rangoli Designs #18
50 Spectacular Arabic Mehndi Designs You’ll Love!
The Arabic mehndi designs are usually visible on wedding day and “Henna nights”. They also call Henna night as “the night before the wedding day“. “Henna nights” is the occasion wherein the friends and relatives of the bride gather. The relative with successful marriage should be the one to paint the Mehndi on the bride. This is to share the good luck to the bride. The Arabic Mehndi Designs are bigger and more complicated. The lines are thinner so it does not occupy the entire hand.
In Arab regions, they call the temporary tattoo Al Hinna. That is where Henna got its name. Most of the practitioners of Henna or Mehndi in Arab regions are from the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf. The tradition of Mehndi in Arab is a form of blessing from the ancient ancestors. Mehndi can bring Baraka or good luck, good health and fertility to the bride. It also brings protection against the bad and unknown spirits like Jnoun.
1. Most of their Mehndi are about floral or geometric designs. This is because of the Islam belief that any figure or art that represents animal picture is a form of idolatry. The common colors used for Arabic mehndi designs have darker tones.
2. This is such a beautiful mehndi design that features Black and beautiful outline.. The strokes are very vivid which made the design to standout.
3. Here is another Beautiful arabic mehndi design design for hand. This design features a mehndi that cover the full hand.
4. An outsdanding mehndi design that can make any bride be the center of attraction in the crowd. This one features beautiful swirls and strokes, like flowers and vine and is truly beautiful in the hand.
5. Usually they use black or brown for painting Mehndi in the hands. Each artist has his or her own mixture of ingredients to create a Mehndi. The common ingredients are henna powder, water to moisture the paste, lemon for acidity, sugar to seal the stain and oil to create a darker stain.
6. If you are a bridewho doesn’t want a messy mehndi design on yor palm, this design is for you. This one uses simple patterns. It is very feminine which gives you the feel of beauty and elegance.
7. Here is another simple and very neat Mehndi design for hand. The design covered most of the fingers and the center of the palm. The swirly outlines and prominent dots made this mehndi beautiful to look at in the hand.
8. If you’re looking for simple yet elaborate arabic mehndi design, this one is for you. This design is the combination of simplicity and elegance. The designs of leaves and vines, plus the floral patterns made this mehndi one-of-a-kind.
9. For more traditional feel to your mehndi, this design is perfect as it uses darker shades of mehndi and thicker outlines for the patterns.
10. Do you want to be the center of attraction in particular event with your beautifully decorated hand? Well, why don’t you try wearing this kind of Arabic mehndi design? This pattern looks like you’re wearing a bracelet jewelry which spreads towards your fingers, going through the back of the hand. This one is truly eye-catching and is really beautiful.
11. For those who want unique and different patterns for their mehndi designs, this one is a must-try. This is a combination of simple yet elegant pattern which is perfect for brides who want to keep the simplicity and elegance for her wedding.
12. Love flowers? You may include floral designs on your arabic mehndi designs as well. You may extend the design even in your wrist and arms! Have a beautiful floral mehndi design with this pattern.
13. A beautiful mehndi designs, with flowers on the wrists extending to the fingers.
14. An elaborate arabic designs mostly used for traditional arabic weddings. This one uses intricate patterns and outlines.
15. A modern and fashionable arabic menhndi designs, with floral, swirls and dots as main element.
16. A simple and sophisticated arabic menhdi design featuring semi-floral and swirly vines patterns. Covering one side of the hand, and the back of each finger, this one is a gorgeous mehndi for any occasion.
17. A blend of intricate and traditional patterns for arabic mehndi design, this one covers most part of the palm, with the flowers, leaves and vines spreading all over the hand.
18. A bracelet-like mehndi design perfect for a party or any occasion. This one serves as one’s hand accessory thus there’s no need to wear any jewelry.
19. Another sample of bracelet-like mehndi design, but extending all though the back of the hand towards the middle finger.
20. A combination of full-hand design and bracelet motif, this one is a sophisticated mehndi design to wear in a wedding.
21. Want an intricate patterns for your palm? Then you must try this full hand arabic mehndi design. The patterns covered most of the palms and the fingertips are shaded with black mehndi.
22. If you want more simple and clean motif for your wedding, this mehndi is surely a best choice for you. This only includes some fine and thinner outlines for the design, making it simple yet beautiful.
23. Another sample of arabic mehndi design that uses thinner outline, but this one used black mehndi and shaded most of the fingertips for more traditional touch.
24. Be an elegant and eye-catchy while wearing this beautiful and splendidly drawn arabic mehndi design, boasting the prominent circular pattern at the back of the hand and the bracelet-like patterns in the wrist part.
25. Want to cover most of your palms as well as the wrist on your wedding? This pattern is for you. The swirly outlines extend throughout the palms and into each finger. It also covers the wrists and arms.
26. Most modern brides choose trendy and most fashionable design, just like with the above mehndi. The outlines are thicker , while keeping the design to be messy.
27. This is a perfect mehndi designs for auspicious occasions like wedding. This incorporates intricate and detailed patterns, covering most part of the palm. This design features a floral and peacock design patterns.
28. Here’s a gorgeous mehndi design featuring a heart-shaped pattern made out of vines and leaf outlines. This one covers the palms, the fingers and some of wrist.
29. For those who want an elaborate yet elegant arabic mehndi design, this pattern can be a good option. This one boasts the prominent floral and peacock pattern and the dark shades of mehendi.
30. For simple yet unique mehandi design, this option can be yours. The circular pattern at the center of the palm and the shaded fingertips are the main attraction of this mehendi.
31. For everyday look, this simple and easy arabic mehendi design can be a good choice, featuring some flower motifs and dark brown shade of mehandi.
32. You want to get your full hands and arms to be completely covered with mehndi? This traditional arabic mehndi design can be one of your options. This one is an elegant design, boasting intricate and very elaborate patterns and outlines.
33. Another sample of mehandi design that can be used in everyday look, or can be worn at the party or event, this one features flowers, dots and swirls as main element.
34. A beautiful, breath-taking mehndi arabic design featuring circular locks and swirls all throughout the back of the hands, all the way to the fingers.
35. Clad your hands with this trendy and fashionable mehandi design. This is perfect for any party or event, which will surely make you stand out.
36. Stand out from the crowd and make yourself a center of attraction with this beautiful two-toned mehndi design.
37. Here’s another modern sample of arabic mehndi design which uses black mehndi and solid strokes and outlines. This can be work at any party or important function.
38. Are you looking for unique arabic mehndi designs that you can use as the celebration of Eid? This one may be what you’re looking for.
39. Here’s another simple and easy Eid mehndi design that you can use. This one just covers the arms and extends to the wrist.
40. Brides can also choose mehandi designs that will complement to their jewelries and nail color. A traditional mehndi design that uses two shades of mehndi, the lighter and the darker shade.
41. Mehndi artists can also use different shades of colors. In this one, black and dark shade of red are used to make the design even more intricate.
42. Most of the bridal mehndi designs are more intricate than other mendi used for casual events. They often use more detailed patterns and elements.
43. Whether you’re gonna be the bride or just the bridal guest, a mehndi on your feet or hand can be very suitable for the event.
44. For wedding and important functions, elaborate, with more intricate patterns, are perfect. You can go all the way with your choice of mehndi designs.
45. Although black are the most commonly used color in arabic mehendi designs, one can also use solid red or light brown mehndi. It creates different feel for the design.
46. Here’s another unique and one-of-a-kind mehandi which features thinner lines and profile of the bride and groom in each hand as the focal point.
47. Since mehndi designs are becoming more popular, it is being used in different ways and in different functions, thus the design varied over time. Latest arabic designs are blend of two colors, in which the red and black are the most commonly used.
48. Most of the arabic mehandi designs use simple lines and strokes. But as you can see, the patterns and lines are meticulously applied.
49. Arabic mehndi designs usually use one shade of mehndi. Just like the above picture, bold lines and shapes in symmetrical patterns are used/
50. Flowery and elegant mehndi designs are the most popular designs used nowadays. It doesn’t limit in the palm, one can also wear mehndi on their feet, and other body parts.
25 Elegant Mehndi Designs for Feet That Will Make You Stand Out!
Mehndi designs for feet symbolize a divine intervention between human and earth. During wedding and other festivals in India or Arab they also put Mehndi designs for feet. In Bengal, they add another type of dye which is called Alta or Mahur. Alta or Mahur is combined with red Mehndi to stain or decorate the feet. Alta reddish tone while Mahur is a bit pinkish in color. It is usually seen on Durja Purja Festival.
In Pakistan, they decorate their hands and feet during EID celebration. Their pattern of their Mehndi designs are darker than it’s shading. Africa’s Mehndi designs are more linear and combined with geometric shapes. There are different meanings for each decorations in every part of the body. There are also different types of designs and elements included in Mehndi designs for feet. It varies depending on the occasion.
1. Here is one beautiful bridal mehndi design for feet. This design incorporates complex elements and strokes. Covering most part of the feet and toes, this one is mostly used for Pakistani and Arabic weddings.
2. Floral designs and swirls are also popular mehndi designs. Most designers use darker shades of henna to create this kind of design. Not just on the feet, the mehndi can also be applied to the upper leg.
3. There are also simple mehndi designs for feet that one can use for everyday fashion style. Flowers and some swirly strokes are perfect for this.
4. This is one of the most complicated mehndi designs for feet. This is usually worn for special events like weddings. This one includes very intricate patterns and strokes. This kind of design covers most part of the feet including the toes, ankle and leg.
5. This design can make anyone stand out in any event or occasion. The solid strokes of the dark shaded henna make the feet beautiful and extravagant. The dark shade complement well on the color of the toe nails, making is majestic and elegant.
6. Here’s another elaborate mehndi design mostly used in wedding and auspicious occasions. This one mostly covered the hood of the feet, as well as the toes. The circular, floral pattern on the middle is the center of attraction of this design.
7. For those who want elegant but simple mendi designs for feet, this pattern is for you. This one incorporates darker shades of henna. Although it covers most of the feet and toes, it doesn’t look like a messy design.
8. Here’s another bridal mehndi design that used by many brides on their weddings. This one has beautiful patterns. The artist use darker shade of henna, creating the elegance and beauty on the mehndi. The contrasting color of henna and the nail is very striking which made this design to stand out.
9. This is a perfect design if you don’t want to smother your whole feet with henna. This one only covers the side of your feet. The intricate yet beautiful patterns on the side of the feet will surely look fashionable to you.
10. This mehndi is usually worn on auspicious celebrations like Eid, dulhan and weddings. This one features the circular pattern on the “hood” of the feet. the artist used two colors of mehndi for this design, dark shade of brown and some red for additional artistic feel.
11. Not just for weddings and auspicious celebrations, mehndi designs are also used as fashion statement. This one is a beautiful and trendy design that one can wear anytime.
12. Here’s another trendy mehndi designs worn in just one foot, while the other foot has some kind of accessories. This is perfect if you want to be unique, which can truly make you stand out from the crowd.
13. If you don’t want an ultra complicated patterns and elements for your mehndi, this design is for you. The patterns and strokes are pretty clean and elegant. It also uses light brown shade of mehndi, making it look glorious and pretty.
14. Here’s another beautiful and elegant mehndi design that any bride can wear in their wedding day. This one shows beauty and elegance of the bride. The small swirls and vine patterns on the toe and some floral patterns make this design one-of-a-kind.
15. This is one pakistani-inspired mehndi design. This design use multi-colored henna. The artist used black, light brown and violet color of mehndi, which results to this beautiful Mehndi design.
16. Since vines and leaves represent long life, most of mehndi uses this kind of patterns. Well, this is quite perfect to cover most of the upper part of the leg, as well as the toes.
17. If you want a trendy and clean mehndi design for your wedding. This design is for you. This one speaks off minimalist pattern, mostly vines and flower, covering the entire feet up to the lower part of the leg.
18. Animals have symbolical meaning also in Mehndi designs for feet. Peacock represents the beauty of a bride. That’s the reason why most bridal menhdi designs use peacock as the main element or pattern.
19. While most of the mehndi designs for feet cover the entire foot, one can also choose the designs that only covers the sides and toes.
20. Here’s another traditional mehndi design for feet that any bride can wear on her big day.
21. Most of the mehndi designs use vines and leaves. This is perfect for those who want to have a longer life. Well, who wouldn’t want that?
22. Any bride wants to be the center of attraction on her wedding day. Well, you can be. Here’s an elaborate and eye-catching mehndi design that you can wear on your wedding. This one involves intricate patterns that will make your feet glorious and beautiful!
23. Want a minimalist mendhi design? This one totally rocks! This is best worn in any casual event.
24. For those who don’t want to spend a lot of time on drawing a mehndi on their feet, this design is for you. This one is quite simple and doesn’t involve too much complicated patterns.
25. Are you getting married and want to have a unique yet traditional mehndi design? This one is totally for you. Surely, your feet will be beautiful and elegant on your wedding day!
My Frozen Birthday Party Ideas Under $100
Disney’s Movie Frozen has made waves in different countries, including to where I am living right now. Many children, and young at hearts, loved it, including my nieces. And eventhough it has been almost 2 years ago since the movie was out, it still keeps trending. In fact, my nieces watched it nth time already and not getting tired of it. And this December, she was about to celebrate her 7th birthday. She doesn’t want any gifts. She just want a Frozen-themed birthday party.
Well, her mom couldn’t afford it, so do I… Elsa gown, Frozen-themed birthday party decors, foods, not to mention the favors and other party supplies. Since I am a person who likes to indulge creativity once in a while, I thought I could pull off a Frozen birthday party without spending that much. I thought about DIY Frozen birthday party.
DIY FROZEN BIRTHDAY PARTY: THE MAKING
It’s 2 weeks before the birthday that I decided to go ahead and start with the preparations for the Frozen birthday party. Since it’s a little bit short in time, since that’s not the only thing I should do (I have to work too), I just grabbed anything that was available at that moment.
We started putting up the decorations we made. From the white branches, up to the hanging pom-poms. All of these were made from the scratch. I spent most of the time watching Youtube videos on making those Frozen-inspired party decorations.
My eldest brother is quite good in graphic and designing so I asked him to make me a life-sized Olaf.
This Olaf served as our decorations in our mini photobooth.
I asked around for the Frozen-inspired birthday party favors but since they are “in”, they are actually expensive. So I thought I’ll just make my own. Although this may not really a Frozen themed party favors, the colors come out just right.
I bought some clear shot glasses, styro balls, ribbons and print a favor tags and put them together. And voila! Here’s our party favor! Next was the gown.
I also check some dress shops and gown rentals for Elsa-inspired gown. Although I expected that they will surely be expensive, I didn’t know that they will be forbiddingly costly! So I decided to make my own version of Elsa-inspired gown also.
It just has to be turquoise or powder blue, right? So I bought a cheap window curtain with that color. It comes with embellishments that I used as the “belt” for the gown. I folded the curtain in half, put an inch-wide garter on it and sewed by hand. Let the kid put it on and secured the waist with the embellishment. Not bad for non-sewing girl like me. I spent less than $5 on this gown (3.50$ for the curtain, few cents for the garter and some for the threads and glitters).
And now, the whole thing is set up. 11 hours to go before the big day!
FROZEN BIRTHDAY PARTY: THE BIG DAY!
Then the big day comes!
I put all the foods I prepared the other night and set it up in our Frozen-inspired table setting.
I just bought a couple of packs of cupcakes from the stores. Since I don’t know where to buy or how to make frosting, I just choose the ones with white toppings on them.
And then I stick the cake toppers I printed. I also made some blue jello shots and turquoise-colored Juice. I also put some treats on the Frozen party loot bags (I bought 2 packs worth a dollar each)
And here’s the final setting for the party favor.
Seems like my princess Elsa is a little bit shy in front of the camera.
And Olaf welcomes the guests with big smiles.
More food upclose… Oh and that’s not all the food we prepared for the party. In my country, most birthday party includes spaghetti, noodles, fried goodies, etc. And since they’re a little bit off-colored (not suitable for the theme), we just set up separate table for them.
And here’s my two grandmothers, having a mini photoshoot in our mini photobooth.
Breathtaking Outdoor Christmas Decorations For Some Holiday Cheer!
Don’t you just love passing through streets with houses and buildings beautifully decorated with Christmas ornaments? Don’t you just love the grand decorations of the buildings in town, and the simple but equally beautiful decorations of the smaller shops? Even the biggest Scrooge will have to feel light and happy with all that holiday beauty!
Outdoor Christmas decors provide a lot of holiday cheer to anyone who sees them, but they need not be big and ostentatious. You will be surprised how a simply decorated cardboard can look so beautiful and festive! It doesn’t matter whether you have a small garden or a spacious lawn.
We have picked out the best outdoor Christmas decor ideas suited for all kinds of spaces. They are very easy to set up or assemble, and very easy to stow away, too, when the holidays are over. No need to dig or drill holes! Scroll down and pick that one that’s perfect for your home!
The reindeers are ready to deliver their gift without Santa on them… this is a fun outdoor Christmas decorations.
These lovely Christmas decorations took the phrase “the bigger the better” very seriously. And to very awesome results, too. Spruce up your front yard this Christmas with these colorful giant Christmas baubles. They’re so big and bright nobody can miss them!
There’s a certain kind of holiday cheer that only a perfectly placed Christmas garland can bring. This one right here is definitely a showstopper. All the holiday wreaths look so striking against the wooden beams and posts. They really make you want to go inside the house and begin the merrymaking.
This is a lovely Christmas decor for outdoor. Huge baubles wrapped with red ribbons for festive atmosphere.
There are gifts to be opened on Christmas day. There are gifts that are strictly for decorative purposes only. These babies truly are a delightful holiday décor that will sprinkle good cheer right at your doorstep. Who would’ve thought a simple bush like this can look so festive and bright?
Here’s another creative and unique outdoor Christmas décor that you can do this year. Have some wooden directional signs painted in the colors of the season. Put words like “Santa’s Workshop”, “Candy Cane Lane”, or “Reindeer Crossing” on the signs. Anything Christmas-related will do. Lastly, add some festive bows for that really Christmasy feel.
The harsh cold winter days can be bleak and heavy. Add that instant holiday cheer and pop of color to the colorless outdoors with these giant red Christmas baubles. Just hang them on a large tree in the park where everybody can see. You’ll be amazed how these giant balls can transform a cold-looking place to one that’s so cheerily warm!
This outdoor wicker sleigh with reindeers is such a beautiful piece of Christmas décor. It looks even more beautiful against the background of white snow. Even without a snowy Christmas, this wicker sleigh will still look breathtaking on your lawn. You can add a Christmas-themed pillow, or more holiday trinkets for a prettier sleigh.
You can also make use of small wicker baskets to hang outside your house. Fill the baskets with snow and decorative snowflakes. Wrap a string of Christmas lights for sparkle. They truly are so pretty and simple that add so much holiday cheer to your space, don’t you think?
Words can also be fantastic outdoor Christmas decors. And by words we mean like this pretty Christmas-themed cut-out word ‘Joy’. Paint it with the colors of the season. Add accents like the silhouette of baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, or a golden star on top.
Paper bag Christmas lanterns? We had no idea they would look so pretty as outdoor Christmas decors! And they’re so easy to make, too! All you need are paper bags, sand, and tea lights!
Here’s another example of a wicker sleigh as an outdoor Christmas décor. It’s just a sleigh in the snow, but instantly you know that it’s Christmas. Setting it up and storing it away are so easy, too! You can have this wicker sleigh as a standalone, or you can add reindeers or elves, even Santa Claus and his big sack of goodies!
Wicker balls and Christmas lights are always a magical combination. They’re so simple and understated, but pack a lot of Christmas feels. You can place them on your doorstep, or along the driveway. Anywhere you put them will be perfect and beautiful, we guarantee.
This intricate-looking outdoor Christmas décor is sure to delight Christmas and snow fans! You don’t see a lot of giant snowflakes with built-in lights that much. This one is definitely a stunner! If you’re quite good with your hands, you can easily recreate this pretty holiday décor.
If you want a unique outdoor Christmas décor, why not get this charming outdoor Christmas tree made of wooden slabs? You will need a couple of wooden slabs of different lengths to stack as a tree. Adorn them with Christmas baubles or garlands. Then top with a golden star. Absolutely beautiful
You can also make a special green leafy arrangement of pine cones and fir tree leaves. Stuff them into an elaborate pot like this one in the photo. Adorn with poinsettia flowers for that pop of Christmas color. You can also strew some Christmas lights for a prettier effect.
Got some wooden slabs that you no longer need? Turn them into these seriously adorable snowmen! These outdoor Christmas decors are so creative and so inexpensive to make. Just wood, some colorful scrap cloths, and paint!
These outdoor Christmas decors are both gorgeous and dreamy. They are tasteful and understated but succeed in making you feel all warm and happy inside. Welcome the holidays with this gorgeous Christmas wreath and equally gorgeous star. Adorn with Christmas snowflakes and Christmas lights.
How about Santa’s cute and happy elves? They’re not at all freaky looking like all the others I’ve seen in the past. These elves look so happy that it’s Christmas everyone who lays their eyes on them will break into a smile. If you’ve got little kids, they will surely love these cute fellas!
This adorable little snowman is the perfect welcome party to your guests this holiday season. Dress up a snowman plush toy with a hat and a scarf. Adorn with gloves and other cute Christmas ornaments that you can find at home. The cuter the snowman, the better!
Showcase that exquisite doorway with this fabulous Christmas wreath decoration idea. Pick the brightest red and the most eye-catching green. You can go as big as you want, too. You can also add some garlands and poinsettias for added color and texture.
This is quite an ingenious idea. A red-nosed reindeer for a mailbox? Sign me up! Let me start gathering some rope straw, balls of red yarn, a scarf, and a Santa hat! This outdoor Christmas décor is just too cute for words.
Even a pair of red mittens can be a beautiful outdoor Christmas décor if you know how to work it. There’s just something striking about the color against the pristine background of snow, don’t you think? Just clip a pair of mittens on a tree branch with wooden clothespins. Sprinkle with snow dust for a more charming effect.
about a mini Candyland right on your lawn? Decorate your mailbox with oversized lollipops and candy canes. Add colorful ribbons and festoon with Christmas garlands. It’s a simple outdoor Christmas décor that can easily transform your front yard. The kids on your street will surely enjoy this!
Decorate a beautiful street lamp with Christmas ornaments. You can make use of holiday ribbons and Christmas garlands. It’s very simple to do and very inexpensive to make. When nightfall comes — voila! You’ve got yourself a beautiful holiday lamp!
Pile giant boxes wrapped in holiday gift wrapping paper for another beautiful outdoor Christmas décor idea. The more colorful and the bigger the boxes, the better. You can place them on top of a nice wide-mouth vase, or on top of a makeshift table. We think they will be perfect right there at your doorstep!
Sweet and Fun Engagement Party Ideas
Take a whiff of the sparkling top notes, sit down, shut up and start thinking about getting married but of course you won’t be able to tie the knot in the most memorable way without throwing an engagement party – and for that, you need a dozen or two of engagement ideas that will mark the first step in ending your singlehood. That is, if you are the one throwing the engagement party.
Have you ever had that romanticized feeling that you suddenly become prepared to spend the rest of your life with the person who’s holding your hand right now? Have you ever experienced suddenly being kneeled upon and asked for a hand in marriage? If you ever had these experiences, then it’s good to be you – congratulations, because not everyone can be as lucky as you have become.
Celebrate the significant moment in your life when everything in the universe has suddenly fallen into places. If you’re not the one throwing the party, then here are still a couple of ideas if you are invited to such an occasion. As the cheeky saying goes for all of us (engaged or soon-to-be engaged or not at all soon): shut up, keep calm and get married, an engagement party makes the moment last, so here’s a couple of engagement ideas for you (and yes, you may still find these useful even if you’re the guest and not the celebrant).
Engagement Party Gift Ideas
One Year Subscription of Fresh Flowers Bouquet
For the couple’s new home, there definitely is a need to ignite the feel of hearth and home. Help them in this light when they have to re-define their concept of home – from a bachelor’s pad to a family house. After all, fresh flowers never fail to brighten up anyone’s day.
Bottle of Champagne
Don’t panic, it’s organic. And: if you are thinking at the last minute on what to give the couple, then this is a little treat that they would love. After all, they’re bound to spend their honeymoon soon with a bottle of champagne to set the romantic mood.
If you want s DIY gift that is less expensive and guest-engaging, then this is a recommended gift. It may be a simple kind of gift, but the couple will find this sweet and memorable, especially when they check out the dedications of the guests for their soon-to-be married life.
Writing a Story
At first, you may think about what the heck to write. Don’t worry if you haven’t won any literary awards before, because the couple would still appreciate this, especially if the story is about their love life and who can write it better than you, a person who has seen them through the ups and downs.
Engagement Party Decoration Ideas
Dreamy and romantic without the unnecessary frills, you may find this decoration idea unique and easy especially if you want to hold the party outdoors. This is a simple yet elegant idea that can stand alone even without the help of additional fluffy decorations.
We want to please our guests to the fullest. This is also a tactical way to distract those sweet-toothed ants from raging over your sweet love bubble in the occasion. Shoo them away from feasting on the sweetness that the two of you are displaying by providing a sweets table.
Just like fairy lights decoration, this can also stand alone for itself and define the occasion – a mood setter that is elegant yet simple. Also, we need not say more with the notion that this makes things a lot romantic.
Engagement Party Game Ideas
Diamond Carving Time
This is basically a contest to make the best diamond engagement ring using a block of ice. Give your guests their blocks of ice and allow them to create a sculpture of the best diamond engagement ring that they can make. The judge will be the hot-seated couple.
Traditional, loud, freelance and fun – these all come with endless karaoke sessions that will literally rock the party – because we know that wedding bands and romantic violinists are never too loud.
True or False
This is a simple yet mind-boggling game. You each tell a story about yourselves and then each will also guess whether the story is true or false. The person with the most correct guesses wins.
Engagement Party Theme Ideas
Wine Tasting Engagement Party
If you want an exquisite (and a little expensive) type of engagement party, then have this for a try. Your guests can freely choose their wine flavour choice and of course the fun and excitement will also be assured.
Why hire a catering to do the food for you when you can have your guests cook their own food? Of course, it would still be a must that you prepare a snacks or sweet corner for your guests, but having this theme will also give them a more interactive environment. How to do this? You can hire a chef have a cooking lesson (or basically anyone who knows a good meal) and allow your guests to make their own food.
This may also be termed as “movie-inspired.” Whether you want to Photoshop the couple’s face on the Hollywood Titanic poster or Romeo and Juliet cameo, it’s your choice. The idea here is to make the event look as if their love story is the one that’s now showing.
Engagement Party Ideas on a Budget
Outdoor Engagement Party
Sometimes the best thing to cut a little spending is to draw the occasion closer to nature – literally. Literally. This is the natural way to save yourself from the trouble of decorating and allow nature to do this for you – in the most natural way.
It’s your choice if you want to put the description in the invitation letter advising your guests to take their dinner before heading over to the occasion, but if you want to put it in a more dignified manner, then instruct your guests that this will be an after-dinner party, and that you will be serving snacks and sweets for that matter.
If you will be finding it hard to do away with the alcohol in the occasion (especially if the bachelorette or stag party suddenly follows), then instruct your guests that you will be sponsoring only one bottle of beer for them – if they want extra, then they have to buy from the snack corner. They’ll understand.
Outdoor Engagement Party Ideas
Always, vintage-inspired themes never fade away from the scene when we want something romantic and sweet but without the unnecessary frills. This is a recommend if you want something romantic and sweet – and outdoors.
Just picture this: a couple of lined-up tables surrounded by fruit trees that infuse the air with citrus-smelling effects that enter your nostrils, making you feel comfortable with a nirvana-effect. This is the idea for an outdoor engagement party. After all, the point is to make your guests feel comfortable.
Beach Engagement Party
This is probably one of the most common if you want an engagement party that’s outdoors. You can do tons of stuff on the beach, not to mention that you can also spend the time watching the sunset for additional romantic effects.
Engagement Party Cake Ideas
L-O-V-E 4-Layer Cake
You wouldn’t want something “too much” for your cake. The design for this sweet goody is simple and imposing – obviously, when the guests see the four letters: L-O-V-E, it will be obvious that this is a cake for love.
A love birds cake for a love birds. The design on this cake is cute and romantic but without the unnecessary details – just an animated frosting that draws two love birds kissing each other’s beaks (although we know that love birds don’t really kiss).
Not to worry. This will not make your cake look like Sleeping Beauty’s crown. This cake only holds an elegant white touch with a few decorations at the topmost layer that says ‘soon to be married.’
Engagement Party Invitation Ideas
Vintage Chalkboard Heart Theme
This invitation idea loosens the formality of the event and allows your guests to expect something more casual and engaging. The design involves having a heart-shaped imitation of a blackboard with chalkboard writings of the invitation.
Romantic Lips and Mustache
Easily understandable: your guests won’t find it hard to guess the nature of the event because the minimalist graphic art can speak for itself. Obviously, somebody’s got engaged.
Quirky and Fun: “Eat, Drink and Be Married”
A simple inscription that will fill the front of the invitation before they flip on to the next page that gives the details of the occasion – and for that, we only have one word to say: “’Tis.”
26 Stunning Wedding Decoration Ideas For Your Big Day!
After the stag party and the bachelorette party, there is one important preparation to think about: wedding decoration ideas. In order to make the moment perfect, it is impeccable to have the decorations set the mood on the day that will tie the knot between two people. Wedding celebrations are the best excuses to wear our hair down and become as grandeur as we can. After all, the world has seen enough wars and battles. It’s time to celebrate love, and weddings are the best venue for this.
Some of the best wedding decoration ideas, surprisingly, can be as cheap but unique. It is not necessary for a wedding to be expensive. The secret lies in creativity. Most people experience wedding jitters, especially in decorating the event. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Have fun. It’s a wedding, not a pressure cooker.
Wedding Table Decoration Ideas
Crystal Wedding Bubbles (Pink/Blue/Diamond)
We love anything the glitters. They add a little specialty and royalty for the event, but they don’t have to be pure diamonds (unless you want to give the royalty of England a run for their money). They can simply be crystal bubbles in any colour depending on the theme of the wedding.
White Scatter Table Pearls
Same point as the idea on crystal wedding bubbles. If you want something that can make the table look like royalty, you can also have something glittery or shiny to scatter on the table such as pearls. Aside from pearls, pink or blue diamond (can be Swarovski or not), depending on the theme. It’s a better decoration idea than scattering glitters on the table. It just isn’t right.
Diamond Napkin Rings
This is a creative idea for table decoration. You can mimic the napkin ring according to your engagement ring. Everyone can then have a piece of it.
Linked Hearts Place Card Holder
You can place the names of the guests here, according to their seats at the reception table. The design perfectly fits the event. Aside from this, this card holder will not over-shadow the design on the table especially if you want to put a centrepiece.
Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
Who says apothecary jars are only for pickles in the kitchen? They can also be a decorative idea for a wedding. Yes, they can be. If you don’t want the traditional flower centrepiece, then you should try this idea. Fill the jars with bright color combinations of flowers (depending on your theme) and have them as a background display on the food table. It’s a little appetizing to see them behind the food.
No, this will not make your wedding look gay (unless it’s a gay wedding). There are ways to design the sash in order to make it look elegant. Having designs on chairs will also lessen the boring look, because chairs are usually given less decorations in receptions.
Crystal Garlands and Curtains
If you’re tired of the usual floral centrepieces and flowers everywhere, then you can have crystal garlands to decorate the reception with. Garlands never fail to make an event look elegant. But be careful not to put too much detail when you use this because this decoration can stand by itself.
Cheap Wedding Decoration Ideas
Fresh Wedding Flower Centrepiece
In this aspect, choose a flower that may define the theme, so as not to make it look boring because fresh flowers are the most common centrepieces. Add a few more touches like seashells alongside the centrepiece and some scattered petals.
Handmade Paper Flowers
Origami: Is it a crane? No. Is it a butterfly? No. Is it a ribbon? No. Ever tried making flowers for the event by paper folding? If you want something cheap yet creative, then you can also use paper flowers. Being that they are handmade, you can personalize and design it according to your taste.
Floating Candles in Brass Bowl with Flower Petals
This is a classic wedding decoration idea. And a plus, it is easy to make. It also saves time in doing. Candles plus flower petals floating on water equals romance. This will never be a major fail.
Outdoor Wedding Decoration Ideas
Wedding Marquee Decoration
Because the theme is “outdoor,” of course you wouldn’t want your guests to suffer too much heat or to get wet in case it rains. Put an all-purpose marquee that will make the event, not only memorable, but well-equipped in any weather. But of course, dress the marquee creatively.
This decoration idea can make the event look nature-friendly. What’s a better way to spend outdoors than with a bit of nature touch?
This will especially look good during the evening. Bits and pieces of lights hanging above the celebration makes the event look grand and alive. Instead of putting spot lights for the evening, try bits and pieces of lights that can make the celebration look like a rip-off from the Lord of the Rings.
Indian Wedding Decoration Ideas
Indian weddings are specially adorned with bright colourful shades or purple and fuchsia, making the celebration seem festive and never boring. In contrary to the western pure-white theme, Indian weddings are bound to be colourful. It’s specially a good idea to revamp the colors on the canopy that will enshroud the guests.
Again, garlands are a good idea for an Indian wedding. First, garlands can stand alone to decorate the whole event; and second, it’s alright to create flower combos as decorations. Because it is an Indian wedding, there is no such thing as “over-decoration.”
Moonbeam Purple Custom Aisle
A unique aspect about Indian weddings is that you get to customize the aisle that the bride will cross. Phases of the moon is a phenomena special to Indians; thus, it can make the celebration more culturally in-tact. Purple, on the other hand, is the colour of royalty. No doubt, this idea can make the wedding memorable.
Vintage Wedding Decoration Ideas
Romantic Wooden Sign Just Married
When we say vintage, we mean it. Anything old becomes the trend. This design is simple to do. The older the wooden sign may be, then the better. After all, what’s vintage without a bit of moss and mildew. Wait, forget the mildew.
Three Tier Regency Cake Stand
If you’ve seen Hollywood films that have settings in the Victorian era, then this is idea is something like that. A vintage theme never fails without the help of ‘the’ cake stand that can make the celebration look like your grandmother’s wedding.
Wedding This Way Hanging Metal Sign
This is another vintage idea that will definitely be noticeable. The guests will surely look at this sign and of course, it may help in setting the theme.
DIY Wedding Decoration Ideas
It’s best to have this decoration idea in variety of colours, because having them in a monotonous tone will make the design a little boring. This will look especially good on the tables especially if you want to use painted vases with flowers as a centrepiece instead of the traditional crystal clear vase.
Floral Centrepieces (Water with Food Colouring Inside Vases)
If you haven’t heard of this decor trick before, then here’s an idiot’s guide for you. If you’re probably wondering on how to make those flowers with colored tips, then this is the simple trick. Simply, put food coloring (of your preference) in the vase filled with water where the flowers will rest. Observe the results after an hour or two.
Origami Wedding Decorations
Now, it’s the time to let out those paper folding ideas. You may also want to buy a special origami paper for this. Your guests will have fun looking at the designs that you’ve made specially for their entertainment.
Beach Wedding Decoration Ideas
Stunning Blue Seashell Bouquet
You’re probably wondering – why blue? It’s the colour of the ocean. Besides, blue has a calming effect. Why seashell bouquet? It’s a beach wedding of course. The best way to wear the beach is to decorate using seashells. The guests won’t have to point out the obvious.
Coral Beach Wedding Cake
Because we can’t get enough of seashells and corals in a beach wedding, let’s do more of the obvious. The last stop: the wedding cake. But don’t underestimate this obvious cake decoration for a beach wedding. You can find great images of this on a local store and on the internet.
Hand Wired Seashells, Pearl, Starfish with Swarovski Crystals (Hair Decoration)
Still not enough seashells – we want to see more and this time, on the heads of the bride’s maids. If this decoration idea is done with the proper arrangement, colour combinations and design variation (seashells, pearl, starfish, crystals), it will come out beautiful. It’s also a good idea to make your bride’s maids look like a part of the decorations. And please, do not use a live starfish for this idea.
Rustic Wedding Decoration Ideas
How do you define pretty pomes? First, if the design is made in perfect pomes; and second, if the pomes is in the right shade. If you have a classic black-and-white theme, then have the pomes in the same colour. If the theme is rustic, then have them in warm colours. Pomes, just like garlands, can also stand alone. So if you don’t have any more idea on how to decorate your rustic wedding theme, pomes is the answer.
Who would’ve thought that you can use what have learned in your elementary art class to make rustic decorations? Pinwheels are easy to make. Moreover, they can look very decorative for a rustic themed wedding. Especially if the wedding is outdoors, just imagine how pretty this will look when a breeze approaches.
For a rustic wedding theme, flowers are overrated. Instead of having a flower centrepiece, you can surprise your guests by having a wheat centrepiece. This can especially look good because the colour palettes of wheat are not too over-powering. Imagine a wheat centrepiece on a brightly painted vase: perfect.
25 Brilliant Bridal Shower Ideas That She’ll Definitely Love!
image source :http://www.mazelmoments.com/blog/
Bridal shower ideas are all about love and bidding farewell to a person’s single life (awww) before she strides to the red carpet of match-making heaven (again, awww). A few days from now, she’ll be officially hitched. But before those final walks to single-dom, you’ll need to whip something to celebrate the last days of her single status. As her future hubby goes gaga over his own stag party, why not entertain her in her own bachelorette party, which doesn’t always come with a huge cake with a Magic Mike stripper inside. On the other hand, this can come after the bridal shower. Let’s take things in a light and soft manner first before heading on to the wild side of things. Here are a couple of bridal shower ideas to choose from. Magic Mike can wait.
Bridal Shower Gift Ideas
Luggage & Honeymoon Guidebooks
A new married couple may be a little awkward to talk about when and where to spend the honeymoon (including the things you can do to set the honeymoon mood). Of course, they can sort this out on their own. But every rookie needs an idiot’s guide, so here’s one for them.
Breakfast in Bed Tray and Pajamas
After their marriage ceremony, expect long hours of frolicking in bed. Surely, they would want to spend a lot of time lounging around and watching television (the bills can come later) together. Something that they can make their lounging about will be most appreciated.
This is a traditional romantic gift idea for a newly-wed. It’s inevitable that they might find this useful especially during the honeymoon dinner date.
Bridal Shower Decoration Ideas
Lingerie Bachelorette Party
If you want to adapt something funny and sexy without the frills for her bridal shower (to hell with magic-mike-later scheme), then this is a recommend. All of you girls can wear your favourite lingerie for the party. And yes, you may change before and after the party.
Oversized Long Stem Flower
A flower fit for a queen. Because this is her bridal shower, give her something that will catch the eye – a big red flower with a long stem. This is her symbol of specialty for the party. Add her to the decors.
Still not seeing the future bride? Well, here’s a sash to introduce her. This can go well with the oversized long stem flower.
Bridal Shower Favor Ideas
Don’t panic. After all, it’s a bridal shower. We all want ways to contribute to a pro-choice pregnancy. If it ain’t your time to procreate, use a contraceptive if you can’t control the raging endorphins. So we guess the chocolates have to go then.
Beauty goodies are the most common favour to be given in bridal showers. If you don’t want something that’s too explicit like personalized condoms, here’s a cute and sweet little lip balm for the girls.
Glass Love Coasters
We want anything that can spread the love and that applies even on the food table. This is something that your guests can use even at home and not just for display purposes.
Bridal Shower Game Ideas
Two Truths and a Lie
This game is simple: gather the girls and each have to think about two truths and a lie about them. On each turn, everyone has to take the centre seat and allow everyone to guess which of your statements about yourself are lies and true. It’s a race-to-guess game so the first person to speak her guess gets the point. The girl with the most points wins.
Toilet Paper Wedding Dress
Divide the group into pairs. Each pair will pick a “bride” and a designer. In 20 minutes, the designer has to make a stylish wedding dress using the toilet paper. The celebrant of course has to be the judge on the winner.
How Old Was She?
Simply, collect the past photos of the celebrant and post them on the wall. Give each guest a piece of paper and allow them to write down their guesses on the celebrant’s age per picture. They can do this while munching on a meal. The winner can be announced at the end of the shower.
Bridal Shower Food Ideas
Egg Salad Crostini
The best thing about this food is that it’s not too heavy on the tummy, but just the right punch. It’s not too strong on the flavour either so your guests won’t notice if they’ve already munched on the lot on the table.
Again, this food idea is as merciful on the tummy just as the egg salad crostini is. It only has a stronger flavour because it is a sandwich. But if your guests would want some punching flavours that can fuel their energy for the whole bridal shower, then here’s a sandwich for them – and it’s frosted.
Chalk-board Style Glasses
No, the flavour is not chalk-board style. It only describes the design for the glass containers. The flavours can vary according to your likes. The idea of chalk-board style glasses is to literally label each drink according to their flavour so that your guests could get interested.
Bridal Shower Theme Ideas
The Yoga Shower
We all want to get her all ready for “the-moves” for the move. It’s time to relax her and stretch her stubborn ligaments and make sure that her stamina lasts for the honeymoon. If she’s also having wedding jitters, then here’s a dose of yoga-shower for her.
Bridal Shower Ideas
Source : http://theknot.ninemsn.com.au/
The Shower Shower
A shower for a shower: ‘tis. Have a beach or pool bridal shower before she hits the wedding carpet. It’s perfect idea if you plan on having the bachelorette party after. After all, what’s a shower without a little water? Girls always have fun when on a swim.
This is the perfect excuse to become the goofiest and most stylish Hollywood or local actresses that you’ve dreamed of. The bride-to-be will surely have fun with this as well as the guests. This is the proper time when mimicking Jennifer Aniston’s hairstyle will not make you look like a fanatic.
Bridal Shower Cake Ideas
Wedding Dress Cake
At least it’s obvious that the occasion is a bridal shower, even the cake is dressed for the event. This cake style is easy to make (if you plan on having it homemade), delicious to look at and decorative for the shower.
Bridal Cake With Rose Petal Frosting
This design is luscious, almost sinful, to look at. At first, you just want to head to the cake and lick the petals away, but you can’t. This is gorgeous to look at and everyone can also have their pictures taken with this artwork before the licking demoralizes the designer.
Bridezilla Mini-Cake and Cupcakes
If you don’t fancy on a traditional cake for a cake’s sake, then why not use cupcakes that can vary in designs and flavours? If you also have a three tier cake stand, then having these cupcakes arranged there will also make them look like cupcake heaven.
Bridal Shower Invitation Ideas
Here Comes The Bride
And so, she is… but not after we do the lingerie bridal shower and make a Magic Mike star dance for us. This invitation can feature her cropped face picture on a cartoon drawing that’s holding a bouquet and wearing a gown. Truly, here’s comes the bride… but again, not after we give a shower.
Mimosas Script Bridal Shower Invitation
Looking for vintage or classic? Here’s a bridal shower invitation for you. If you’re familiar with the 80’s carnival ticket lay-outs, then the design of this invitation is also something like that. Carnival!
Chalkboard Love Bridal Shower
This can be homemade. It’s fun to make and the best thing about it is that you can customize it. You can simply buy green chalk boards on the local store, cut them in invitation letter sizes, put them in frame and seal the writings with plastic covers.
23 All-Time Favorite Birthday Cake Ideas To Try!
Birthday celebrations won’t be complete without birthday cakes to topple with. Choosing the best designs that are appropriate for the age and character of the celebrant are two important things to consider for this. The traditional chocolate roll can still work, but if you want to make the special day truly memorable, you can choose a cake that can fit his or personality.
Cake designing has been taken into a new level in its centuries of existence. It’s time to take his or her birthday party to a new level. Cake designing is not anymore just an act of putting together slabs of cake sponges on top of each other.
Cake designing is already considered as part of the art world and you can find several cake designs that can make a non-cake person swoon in admiration. Because of this, your little celebrant should also have a piece of the new era of cakes by giving the best birthday cakes on the day that has marked his existence.
Birthday Cakes for Girls
Girls like a colourful and impossibly designed cakes that are intended to replicate the likeness of sugar, spice and everything nice. Most designs have Barbie, pretty-in-pink and floral designs that have the niche of sweetness. The colours of course are bright pink and royal purple for a mouth-watering sugat coat.
Kids Birthday Cakes
Safari and animated farm animals are the most generic cake designs for kids. There is a lot of emphasis on the sugar-coating, which are usually bright and well-defined in order to attract the target age bracket. Some cakes also feature candy designs that have exaggerated shapes and vivid colors, especially in yellow and red, which are associated to food.
Birthday Cakes for Boys
For boys, we also want something colourful and attractive to the eyes. But unlike that of birthday girl cakes, these have designs that feature sports and superheroes– could be baseball, spiderman, the green lantern, basketball or football. Usually, the heavy designs are replicated on top of the cake, especially if there are multiple layers.
1st Birthday Cakes
When we celebrate the birthday of a one-year-old, there’s bound to be a huge figure of the number one in order to establish that the little tyke has just turned one. Still, because it’s a little child’s birthday, the frostings are colourful and playful, usually with the help of a few jelly bean toppings and lollipops.
21st Birthday Cakes
These types of cakes are not meant to attract a teenager or a kid (but still, they might work). But to please the celebrant, the ideas on these are more of cocktail designs and more abstract, cutting loose from the bright colors and turning them into two to three palettes. Sometimes, the designs also have bowler hats and vintage hats on top of a three-layered cake.
18th Birthday Cakes
The famous line “not a girl, not yet a woman” is the general paradigm for these designs. The colors usually (especially for a girl) are pink and purple, crazily design into an abstract on the cake, but unlike a little girl’s cake, you won’t find Barbie or Dora on top – just the colors to establish the coming-of-age aura.
50th Birthday Cakes
More metallic colors in the vintage type are the usual palettes for this cake type. Vintage is the kind of theme that works best to make a cake for a fifty-year-old. It would be weird if Spiderman or Barbie was on top of this cake. This focuses more on establishing a “golden” touch, so the designs are more earth-ly with an autumn touch. Chocolate sponge cakes tend to work best here.
Princess Birthday Cakes
Obviously, we have to put a princess with all of her frills in this cake. But there is a variety of princess cakes to choose from, especially if she’s a fan of Disney princesses. Of course, the shades of the color design vary according to the Disney princess: Ariel would feature blue and green color designs for an underwater feel; whereas Belle can have a more brightly yellow theme.
Hello Kitty Birthday Cakes
One of the various cake designs to find yet are hello kitty birthday cakes – they vary from hello kitty wedding theme to hello kitty by the park theme. The many cake designs can be as customized as the many hello kitty products in stores.
40th Birthday Cakes
This type of cake usually adapts a classic effect; meaning, white and black colors in stripes or white frostings with abstract artwork in order to put a little matured note. Using black frostings is also prominent in the cake designs, which usually come with seemingly black velvety ribbons crawling underneath a big number forty with a side note: “wow, you’re old.”
Minnie Mouse Birthday Cakes
Minnie Mouse won’t be herself without her signature white polka-dotted pink ribbon, so expect this when you want a Minnie Mouse birthday cake. Her signature big pink ribbon that never fails to herald her presence is bound to protrude somewhere on that layered cake, which is usually pink and purple but never blue.
Mickey Mouse Birthday Cakes
Just like his female counterpart, Mickey Mouse also has his signature ears to herald his presence. Of course, expect the cake to have two black ears sticking on top. Even without Mickey’s face, the ears also stand out to create the impression. Some cakes feature miniature ears on the cake’s surface that it would still be ironic if the kids are unable to find the hidden Mickey.
30th Birthday Cakes
This type more or less indicates another coming-of-age cake design for a grown-up whose age is slipping out of the calendar days. Usually in white frosting and less variation on the colors but more on the design outputs that is usually abstract and party-like. For this cake, party-pop imitations are some of the most common designs.
Sweet 16 Birthday Cakes
The design idea for this is preppy, usually checker patterns in pink and brown or blue and green, depending on the theme. But checkers are the pattern that doesn’t go out of fashion for this, especially if this comes with a few star extensions on the top-most layer, as if popping the celebrant’s age out of the cake.
Birthday Cakes for Adults
For this age bracket, birthday cakes come with censorship themes such as sex, booze and rock n’ roll, with the color palettes darker in order to establish a more mature touch. Usually the color combinations for the cake always involve using black in order to create a balance and not make the cake look like a rip-off from Barbie land.
60th Birthday Cakes
The idea for this cake design is marriage between vintage and retro, so you can find the designs more like impossibly lop-sided circle bangles with retro colors such as lavender and lime on white cake frostings.
Dora Birthday Cakes
What’s Dora without the lavender purple and pink signature color? Usually, Dora cakes come in lavender shades with Dora or her backpack sticking out as the main design. The design also has a variation on Dora’s face alone or Dora the Explorer theme that features even Swiper.
Cupcake Birthday Cakes
Cupcake cakes (as redundant as they may sound) usually have two designs: one is to have the cupcake on top of the cake so as to have the on-lookers say: “oh, a cupcake on a cake;” two is to have differently patterned cupcakes on a three tiered cake stand with the mother of all cupcakes at the topmost layer so as to have the on-lookers say: “oh, a cupcake cake.”
Halloween Birthday Cakes
Unless you want a more explicit design as skulls and bloody hands sticking out of the cake, your Halloween birthday cake can have pumpkin designs with dark purple sugar coating with little black bats – these are the most common designs.
Birthday Cakes for Dogs
Because the cake is made for a dog, the designs are usually bone marrow in white frosting or an imitation of dog food in a feeding bowl. It can also be an image of your dog or an imitation of his paw marks on the frosting.
Football Birthday Cakes
For this idea, the cake could be an imitation of a football field with a realistic football on top. It’s optional if you want to make the football to be edible or not. Some who may think that this idea is too obvious may custom the frosting to be black and white with an imitation of the patterns on a real football.
Batman Birthday Cakes
When we say batman, we have to be royal to his colors: yellow and black. Don’t worry, there is bound to be a distinction between a “police do not cross” image with a “batman” theme. All you have to do is ensure that his symbol is there. The symbol is crucial for the design. Remember that. Remember it well.
Tinkerbell Birthday Cakes
Tinkerbell cakes are bound to be colourful as well as flowery. The trick with this cake design is to make it look like Tinkerbell’s playground. A lot of artistic touches here and there to make it look enchanting: usually, this is the theme of a Tinkerbell cake – enchantment from the frostings to the designs.